17 mar 2012

First dress I've made for myself!

Since I started sewing I never made a single garment for me, so yesterday I made myself a dress and today hubby took some pictures of me... posing :) check it out!


Ok, next picture without my face I'm not photogenic and I usually don't like how I look in pictures :)

This is a regular pillow case dress with circular collar. The dress has some pleats at the top at front and back and has an elastic waist to make it fit better to my body, so I can wear alone or wear a belt, I prefer the version with the belt.
I used plain grey cotton and Frieda Frill from Michael Miller for collar and hem, and also cut some shapes out of the same fabric and sewed them to the dress using a small zig-zag stitch.


Overall I liked how it turned out, summer is ending here so I won't be able to wear this dress much longer perhaps just a couple of days.

Have a happy weekend!

3 comentarios:

Amanda dijo...

That's fantastic!! Now you are going to have to build yourself a seasonal wardrobe ;)

Paige dijo...

Awesome dress...with a great fit.

Maria dijo...

Te ha quedado precioso! me encanta el diseño, las telas y lo bien que te sienta!

Publicar un comentario